Re: [RFC 2.0] Implementing hwcap2

On 2013-04-08 17:05, Roland McGrath wrote:
The calling convention for IFUNC resolvers is machine-specific.
Thus, it's up to each machine maintainer to decide what it should be
for his machine.  Given how rare IFUNC use still is, I'd say it's
also up to each machine maintainer to decide whether or not an
incompatible change to the convention is acceptable at this stage.

While I suppose that's a valid position, my position is that merely
adding a second 32-bit argument to the ifunc resolver maintains
compatability across all machines, and that is good for everyone.

r~