Re: [RFC] Deadcode path clean in sysdeps/unix/clock_gettime.c

> With that in mind, does this seem like a more reasonable patch?

Closer, I guess.  The other thing to realize is that the macros we have
there today were organized to permit Linux definitions of the macros that
can fall through to the generic code in runtime fallback paths.  Since we
no longer need that for Linux configurations (we now assume that the kernel
supports all the CPU clock features), a fresh reorganization of the macros
would probably yield something that makes more sense now.

> -#if HP_TIMING_AVAIL
> +#if defined(HP_TIMING_AVAIL) && !defined(SYSDEP_GETTIME_CPU)
>  /* Clock frequency of the processor.  We make it a 64-bit variable

hp_timing_gettime is used either if SYSDEP_GETTIME_CPU or not defined
or if HANDLED_CPUTIME is not defined.  So if we're still going to have
separate macros governing those things, this needs to test both.