Re: Planning for 2.18?

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
>> Community,
>>
>> I encourage everyone to step in and talk about what they
>> want to see in 2.18 and how we might accomplish it.

Could this include extending or adjusting glibc
functionality?

I know this is going out on a limb, but what about
implementing properly asynchronous variants of
getaddrinfo and getnameinfo?

No threads or signals, instead they provide interfaces
for retrieving file descriptor events for socket fds to the
caller for external polling and provide interfaces for
continuation.

What is the likelihood of this idea even getting off the
ground?