Re: Trigonometric functions

On 01/09/2013 08:09 AM, Mischa Baars wrote:
> Thank you for the 2.17 distribution, which is finally compilable
> without any problems. People are now better able to help you!

Thank you!

> I have attached two files.
>
> The first example was one already placed on the mailing list earlier,
> now again with a few typing errors corrected.
>
> The second example compensates for the hardware errors as indicated
> in the first example.
>
> However, only three of the trigonometric functions are included, i.e.
> the ones used in rotations in the two-dimensional or complex plane.
> Should you need any other function, than I hope this example will be
> helpful enough to get you started.
>
> For processors without transcendental instruction set, I'm currently
> working on an improvement of the functions already included in the
> glibc distribution. I will get back to this.
>
> I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

If you plan to contribute to glibc please see:
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist

Don't be overwhelmed! There's a lot to learn, but we're happy to
answer any questions on libc-help@sourceware.org.

For performance related issues we are also trying to document
exactly why and what testing was done in order to rationalize
the change e.g. For 2.17:
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/benchmarking/results_2_17

Cheers,
Carlos.