Re: dlmopen and core dumps

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 19:56:07 +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> You'd have to consider also how to update that
> block around DSO loads/unloads, most specially unloads (due to the resulting hole).

Loads happen only to the end.  During unload I was thinking that a hole should
be OK because no large unloads from non-last libraries ever happen I hope.
At least I guess, I do not know specifics of the case of thousands libraries
Google was presenting.

> It seems to me that having the loader manage this block if bound to
> penalizing/slowing normal operation over debugging.  It may not be that simple.

I was just showing a complete data structure redesign may bring some benefits.

Jan