Re: PATCH: BZ #14664: changing prefix breaks "make check-abi-libc"

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:34 AM, H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It just so happens that Andi's ABI is different because he used
>> different inputs to the build.
>
> My patch makes sure that all glibcs configured with the same --prefix=XXX
> have the same size of _nl_default_dirname.

Sorry, you're right, your patch isn't as bad as removing symbol.

However, your patch weakens the check from consistency with the
expected default ABI to one of self-consistency e.g. ensuring a
compiler bug doesn't change the value during a build.

To remain useful and robust the check must remain as a check against
the expected ABI from a previous build.

I don't think we want to go down the path of weakening these tests.

Cheers,
Carlos.