Re: libc git tst-array checks fail

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012, H.J. Lu wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM, Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> wrote:
> > If you can verify that the test builds and works (at least your change
> > doesn't regress it) with GCC 4.3 and binutils 2.20, then put it in.
>
> I don't have GCC 4.3.  Could someone please test it with
> GCC 4.3 and binutils 2.20?

Building with 4.3 has been broken for about a year (because 4.4 is the
first version that predefines __CHAR16_TYPE__ and __CHAR32_TYPE__, as
needed by uchar.h).  Although fixing this particular issue would be easy
(the types are required by C11 to be the same as uint_least16_t and
uint_least32_t, and we only have a single version of stdint.h), and would
be beneficial to any users of glibc trying to use uchar.h with older
compilers rather than only being relevant to building glibc with older
compilers, given the lack of interest so far in fixing the build with 4.3
it would seem reasonable to make 4.4 the official documented minimum
compiler for building glibc.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com