Re: Compatibility symlink from old dynamic loader name to new dynamicloader name doesn't work.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> wrote:
>> Then in _dl_map_object_from_fd we check only that the inodes are the
>> same, which isn't true for a symlink.
>
> It's fstat, not lstat on a name.  So indeed the inodes are the same.
> You cannot possibly have an fd without having followed the symlink.

That's right, sorry I'd missed that. Given the earlier open you should
have an fd that points to the final file and thus the same inodes will
be returned by fstat.

I'll see if something else perturbs these checks.

Cheers,
Carlos.