Re: libstdc++ wants clock_gettime without libpthread

On Friday 19 October 2012 00:45:45 Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 10/18/2012 05:22 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > 1. Just move clock_* calls into libc.
>
> This sounds like the best thing to do in the long run.
> It's long mystified me why clock_gettime is in a special
> library, while gettimeofday is in libc.  Well-maintained
> GNU apps these days tend to prefer clock_gettime anyway,
> if they can stomach the hassle of linking to -lrt.

my guess is because POSIX introduced them as part of the realtime extension

clock_getres, clock_gettime, clock_settime - clock and timer functions
(REALTIME)

CHANGE HISTORY
First released in Issue 5. Included for alignment with the POSIX Realtime
Extension.
-mike