Re: [Patch] Add name_to_handle_at and open_by_handle_at for PowerPC

On Wednesday 03 October 2012 00:35:14 Jeff Law wrote:
> On 10/02/2012 08:23 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 September 2012 11:30:19 Jeff Law wrote:
> >> Back in April 2011 Uli added support for open_by_handle_at and
> >> name_to_handle_at.  Unfortunately, he failed to add the prototypes to
> >> the powerpc specific fcntl.h header file.
> >>
> >> I just copied the prototype from another port; from a quick glance, they
> >> all look the same and ideally we'd have the prototypes in just one
> >> location.  Presumably Uli put them in the port specific fcntl.h for some
> >> good reason.
> >
> > you going to merge this ? :)
>
> I'm going to create a shared header per Roland's suggestion; the amount
> of duplicate code in fcntl.h across the ports is a bit absurd.  It just
> hasn't bubbled up to the top of my stack again yet.

we all agree that's the best solution long term.  but since we've got this
straight forward fix using (what was) the correct method of updating arch-
specific headers, i think it's OK to merge this now.  especially in light of
this not being a high priority for you (who has graciously volunteered to
implement the new/clean method).
-mike