Re: [Patch][BZ 14583] Fix prototype of sigsetjmp in pthread.h

On 09/14/2012 12:03 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
Shall I update setjmp/setjmp.h with appropriate line-wrapping as well?

Sure, feel free. I think it's in the "obvious" category. That's the kind of thing that we don't usually try to be especially pro-active about when violations have snuck in at some time in the past. We just don't let new errors go in with new changes. But it never hurts to fix the old ones.
So, copying the setjmp/setjmp.h prototype into nptl/sysdeps/pthread/pthread.h doesn't work because we don't have a complete definition of struct __jmp_buf_tag in scope, leading to:

In file included from ../include/pthread.h:1:0,
from ../nptl/sysdeps/pthread/bits/libc-lock.h:23,
from gconv_db.c:28:
../nptl/sysdeps/pthread/pthread.h:727:46: error: array type has incomplete element type

We could go the other direction and use pointer notation in the prototype in setjmp/setjmp.h, I could dig around and find the appropriate header file for __jmp_buf_tag and include that in pthread.h or we could allow the prototypes to differ.

Any of the three is fine with me.

Thanks,
Jeff