2.15 and 2.16 branch status, releases

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On 8/15/2012 3:11 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > Carlos, do you want the fix on the 2.16 branch as well?
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Yes. Could you please file a new bug, keyword glibc_2.16 and ask for the commit
> to backport?
>
> I've been shirking my 2.15 and 2.16 release branch maintainer
> responsibilities, but I plan to do a bunch of changes tomorrow
> (Thursday) and having a list to work from makes it easy.

The strtod security fix (bug 14459, CVE-2012-3480) will also be
appropriate for release branches once on master.  Do people think that
security bug fixes should prompt making point releases of active release
branches, to get the fixes out to users of release tarballs?  Would it
make sense to have a list of CVEs for glibc and details of fixed versions
/ fix commits - would any of the people who made previous proposals
regarding handling security bugs be interested in maintaining that sort of
list?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com