Re: [RFC/PATCH] do not run ldconfig with DESTDIR installs

On Tuesday 07 August 2012 18:47:50 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> There is no point in trying to scan the non-DESTDIR tree when we are
> doing a DESTDIR install.  It just wastes time and attempts to write
> to a path we most likely cannot update in the first place.

looks like i misread the behavior here.  ldconfig does only access/write to
things inside of the -r ROOT.  what threw me off was that if you run this as
non-root, ldconfig uses full paths everywhere (ROOT/etc/...).  but if you run
it as root, it first does chroot(ROOT), then uses absolute paths after that
(/etc...).  so if you miss that initial chroot(), it looks like ldconfig is
crapping all over places it shouldn't.  so i guess i'll drop this patch from
consideration.
-mike