Re: Translations gone out for 2.16.

On 26 Jun 2012, Thomas Schwinge said:

> Hi Carlos!
>
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:41:12 -0400, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
>> I've checked in the libc.pot changes for trunk.
>>
>> I have tagged trunk with tag "glibc-2.16-tps" and uploaded a snapshot
>> of the tag for the translation team.
>
> What's the rationale for the tag?  I'd prefer to keep the number of
> publically visible tags to a bare minimum, that is, the release tags plus
> perhaps exceptional ones such as the ports merge and similar

One possibility, if you must use a tag, is to name the tag something
like translation/glibc-2.16, to make it clearer that this is a
translation-specific tag. You could even make it multilevel,
internal/translation/glibc-2.16, and use internal/ for all tags that end
users / distributors need not care about. (But that may well be going
over the top.)

In general, slashed tag namespaces seem like better git practice than ad
hoc hyphen-based namespaces: they cluster together in 'git tag -l'
output and things like that. In the CVS world, we had no alternative to
ad-hockery, but that is no longer the case.

--
NULL && (void)