Re: testing glibc

On 6/22/2012 4:42 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:
>> Does installing an appropriate ld.so.conf into /some/dir/etc/ help?
>>
>> We have been doing more to make the install relocatable, and thus
>> isolated from the system root, and this means your alternate root
>> needs to be slightly more complete.
>
> That works thanks. The key part is the ld.so.cache

Andi,

Would you mind documenting your general procedure on the wiki?

In particular we have a section on testing builds here:

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Testing/Builds

We cover `building glibc with installing', but we don't cover
the complicated case of a mixed environment where you need
libraries from the system root because your sysroot is
incomplete.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--