Re: RFA: Port maintainers: Convert WORDSIZE[32|64]/ld to abi-variants

On Sat, 26 May 2012, H.J. Lu wrote:

> I restored sh and sparc entries in shlib-versions on hjl/abi branch.
> The new patch is at
>
> http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=patch;h=0d1f492b3cf83a200601c1f49734b048c5547e57

Provided the new version passes architecture maintainer testing I think it
will probably be OK for 2.16, given the comments Roland requested saying
that the use of soname variables set in makefiles is wrong and a bug filed
with a 2.17 milestone to get this cleaned up properly along the lines I
proposed (naming ABI variants, not triplets, in shlib-versions, with all
the architecture information in shlib-versions moving to appropriate
sysdeps directories shared by all the ABI variants of each architecture).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com