Re: Flatten sysdeps/unix/bsd/bsd4.4 into sysdeps/unix/bsd

From: Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com>
Date: Wed,  9 May 2012 14:41:52 -0700 (PDT)

> We've made a huge amount of progress in a short span of time, and most
> things have gone the way you wanted them to.  Frankly, I'm getting
> pretty tired of having you and Dave jump down my throat every time I
> say something can wait a few more days or even a week or two while
> we figure out how to do it safely and correctly and give the people
> who know the most about it some time for reflection.

I really see zero value in accomodating something like Hurd which has
effectively disengaged by living out of the mainline for so long.

If I were not actively staying on top of Sparc stuff, I absolutely
would expect and understand it if changes would just steamroll through
without taking sparc testing and "unknown potential future sparc work"
into account.

That's just life and the realities of a volunteer project.