Re: PATCH: Move sysdeps/x86_64/Implies to sysdeps/x86_64/64

> As an aside, if I spent a few months reworking glibc's build system
> such that it didn't generate thousands of prefix rules every directory
> traversal (and thus result in combinatorial explosion inside of GNU
> make) how receptive would people be to this?

It's all in the details.  If what you do is go away for a few months and
come back with something vastly different, then it's going to be so hard to
understand the potential subtleties of how it's different that I'm sure we
would pretty much just reject it out of hand.  If what you do is spend
however long examining the situation, talking to us about it, and leading
an effort we all participate in to improve things without sacrificing the
flexibility of what we have today, then you'd be our hero.

Thanks,
Roland