Re: conformtest tampering with $HOME

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Thomas Schwinge
<thomas@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>> subdirectory used should be unique to allow for multiple simultaneous
>> testsuite runs on the same machine (which happens often in Mentor's
>> build farm).
>
> As you can guess I'm well aware of that :-). ?That's why my patch moves
> the scratch directory into the build directory.

Thanks, I misread the patch. After reading through conformtest.pl and
run-conformtest.sh, I see no reason why the tests should need to use
your HOME directory. I think it's appropriate for the tests to use the
build directory as a default place for tests files.

Please checkin in your changes on Wednesday if nobody has come up with
a better patch.

We can revisit this later as we look at the other tests and their use
of /tmp or $TMPDIR.

Cheers,
Carlos.