Re: glibc 2.15

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:

> > I just noticed that make check-abi fails for libm,
>
> There is probably a fair bit of bit-rot in check-abi.

Yes - the lists don't appear to have been updated since 2.3 in 2004.
Regarding the other obsoletion discussions, all the non-TLS cases in the
lists could certainly be removed, and there ought to be a solution for
keeping lists for ports in sysdeps directories (as-is, the m68k data is
still in abilist/ in libc).  It's certainly much closer to being useful
than the other things discussed for removal, however - but it works best
when each configuration has someone who will update the ABI for that
architecture shortly before each major release is tagged.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com