This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
X32 project status update
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, LKML <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, x32-abi at googlegroups dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:58:19 -0800
- Subject: X32 project status update
- References: <BANLkTinM_=bAjD59=GiKtTvjLtoOs7KCFA@mail.gmail.com>
This is the x32 project status update:
There are several changes:
1. We changed x32 kernel to use the 64bit filesystem interface (LFS) as well as
64bit time_t. We are targeting Linux kernel 3.3.
2. I backported x32 support to glibc 2.14, 2.13, 2.12 and 2.11. Since
is the first x32 release now, the x32 minimum ABI is changed from GLIBC_2.14
to GLIBC_2.11, which require recompiling all existing x32 binaries.
3. I am implementing address-size override:
The result shows that it can improve SPEC CPU performance by another 5%
over the current x32 implementation. I am putting this on hjl/x32/addr32 branch
I also backported it to GCC 4.6 on hjl/x32/gcc-4_6-branch branch.