Re: ld.so's LD_LIBRARY_PATH/LD_PRELOAD in mixed 32bit and 64bit environment

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Monday, August 22, 2011 05:46:30 Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>> + Â Â Â Â Â Â Âld.so understands the strings $ORIGIN , $LIB and Â$PLATFORM
>
> no space before the ","

Found the way to do it!

>> (or + Â Â Â Â Â Â Âequivalently ${var}) in a LD_LIBRARY_PATH string.
>> +
>> + Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂLIB is expanded to lib or lib64 based on the architecture.
>> +
>> + Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂORIGIN Âis Âexpanded to the location of the binary which is
>> curâ + Â Â Â Â Â Â Ârently loaded.
>> +
>> + Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂPLATFORM is expanded to the running platform.
>
> i think you need to doubly-clarify that you want to use a literal '$LIB' in
> the settings ...

I tried.

New text, how is that?
If you have better text please feel free to suggest.

Alon

---

              ld.so understands the strings $ORIGIN, $LIB  and  $PLATFORM  (or
              equivalently ${var}) in a LD_LIBRARY_PATH string.

              LIB  is  expanded to lib or lib64 based on the architecture. Use
              when mixed environment  (32bit  and  64bit)  searches  for  same
              libraries names.

              ORIGIN  is  expanded to the location of the binary which is curâ
              rently loaded.

              PLATFORM is expanded to the running platform.

              The following example will allow single  LD_LIBRARY_PATH  to  be
              used   by  32bit  and  64bit  applications  that  searching  for
              'liba.so', which resides at /opt/my/lib and /opt/my/lib64.

              export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/my/\${LIB}:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"