Re: PowerPC32 .gnu.attributes in crt files

On 2/17/2011 7:46 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:17:45AM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
>> You asked for a use case.  I very carefully didn't say anything about
>> the usefulness of those multilibs.  ;-)
>>
>> My point remains that the crt files ideally should not be marked with
>> an attribute that indicates they are hard-float only.
>
> IMO, it's not a good idea to strip the attributes; we need to suppress
> generating don't-care attributes (something that has been needed for a
> long time).  There may be other attributes in the future where the crt
> files do care.

Is anyone working on adding don't-care attributes or working on
suppressing attributes if they don't apply?

The attribute being missing and a don't-care attribute are two
different things from a compatibility perspective. The latter could
mean "don't-know"?

Cheers,
Carlos.
--