Re: glibc 2.13

On 1/31/2011 11:38 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> n Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Brett Neumeier <bneumeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Ulrich Drepper <drepper@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've tagged the tree for the 2.13 release.  Today I added mainly
>>> little things, definitions for recent kernels and the new-ear
>>> copyright work.  I have a couple of other patches but they are too
>>> risky just now.  I'll check them in right after the 2.13 branch is
>>> created.  This also includes the RPC deprecation work.
>>
>> Now that glibc and glibc-ports have been tagged for 2.13, it would be
>> great if tarballs could be prepared and put on ftp.gnu.org, and if the
>> homepages on gnu.org and sourceware.org were updated to reflect the
>> current releases.
>>
>> The glibc wiki (at http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release ) talks
>> about a "release manager" role, with the release manager in charge of
>> spinning tarballs and so on. Is that still the correct process? Is
>> there a release manager for 2.13?
>>
>> The wiki also identifies Carlos O'Donell as the maintainer of the
>> mailing list. Is that still the case? Carlos, can you update the
>> homepages?
>
> It is still the case. The webpage update is on my todo list, this
> release coincided with my honeymoon/company meeting, so I've been
> fire-fighting the plane ride back :-)
>
> I should have the websites updated by tonight.

Both websites are now up to date.

The FSF website will continue to show 2.12 as the most recent release
until the 2.13 release branch has been created and the tarballs are
available. Once I see these changes I'll update the website to reflect
the 2.13 availability.

The sourceware website has been updated to show that 2.13 has been tagged.

Notes: http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Website%20Maintenance

Cheers,
Carlos.
--