Re: [BUG] Generic syscalls -- chmod vs. fchmodat

POSIX says "A null pathname shall not be successfully resolved."  This
applies to relative pathnames too, and a file name argument to an *at
function using AT_FDCWD is a relative pathname.  So I think there is no
situation at all in which the empty string should resolve to anything.
It's generally in the domain of the kernel to enforce these kinds of rules,
so I think that having the kernel fail with ENOENT for all empty-string
cases is the right thing to do.

Thanks,
Roland