Re: glibc-2.13 plans

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Petr Baudis <pasky@suse.cz> wrote:
> ?Hi!
>
> ?What are the plans for glibc-2.13 release? Do you have any estimated
> date (or rough list of stuff you want to have sorted out)?
>
> ?Fedora 14 is already out, but I'm not sure if you want to continue to
> sync the release cycle with Fedora anyway?

>From a distro perspective, this is starting to get a bit confusing
already.  Fedora 14 is using glibc-2.12.90-21, and rawhide (what will
be Fedora 15) is using glibc-2.12.90-21.fc15.  They look almost
identical, however the rawhide glibc build contains several updates
from git master at this point.

Not having released tarballs is one issue, but not having a release at
all is another entirely.  I can see where it would make life harder
for determining when to submit larger changes, when to focus on
stabilizing, etc.  Not to mention that the release also serves the
purpose of adding symbol versions to newly added symbols.

So to second Petr, I'm wondering if and when 2.13 will be tagged and
if there will be a 2.13 maintainer.

josh