This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add two forgotten licence exceptions
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Petr Baudis <pasky at suse dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:35:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add two forgotten licence exceptions
- References: <20100924100113.GB8806@machine.or.cz>
> Can this fix be included as-is or does someone from the FSF need to
> approve it? Who would I contact about that?
I approve it. We have a clear policy intent, endorsed by the FSF,
that libc_nonshared.a sources have this exception. If there were
any question related to nontrivial code newly getting an exception,
then the debate would be whether we really wanted that nontrivial
thing to be in libc_nonshared.a at all.
I notice that in other examples like io/stat.c, the exception text
appears before the warranty disclaimer, rather than after the FSF
address. Please make the terms text for the new files exactly
match the other similar files we already have. With that caveat,
please go ahead and commit the change.