This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix msgrcv() on sparc64
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: aurelien at aurel32 dot net
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 02:56:45 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix msgrcv() on sparc64
- References: <20100226214531.GA18614@volta.aurel32.net>
From: Aurelien Jarno <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 22:45:31 +0100
> msgrcv() does not work on sparc64, as it passes the 6th argument using
> the ipc kludge, while the kernel waits for a 6 arguments syscall. This
> patches fixes the problem by using a sparc64 specific version of
> 2010-02-26 Aurelien Jarno <email@example.com>
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/sparc64/msgrcv.c: New file.
Thanks for your patch, I'll look into this.
Several years ago I worked with Tom Callaway to fix several
bugs in this area on the kernel side. It's entirely possible
we inadvertantly broke this back then.
So I want to check that out first.