Re: moderation delays?

Hello!

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 09:02:03AM -0500, Ryan Arnold wrote:
> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Jim Meyering <jim@meyering.net> wrote:
> > I've noticed frequent 30-minute round-trip delays for messages I send
> > to this list. ?One yesterday spent over 6 hours on sourceware.org before
> > returning. ?Are these moderation delays?
>
> I apologize for the delay.  These are indeed moderation delays.

Why not adopt a scheme like the GNU mailing lists have, where for every
given email address, there is the possibility to white-list it once, and
then every other message from that email address doesn't have to be
approved again and again?  This would cut down the effort / time needed
for moderation for all the people that (more or less) regularely post to
libc-alpha.  These people know how to behave, so I don't see any
disadvantages.

Regards,
 Thomas