Re: onwards to git

Roland McGrath wrote:
>> The only disadvantage with the new grafting procedure is that any tag
>> that points to a commit on a branch will be lost, but I don't think there
>> are any of those.  Even if there are, I'll bet it doesn't matter.
>
> The fedora-glibc-* tags do matter, and they point to fedora-branch commits.

Ah... knew I should have checked before saying that.

Since the branch commits were not aggregated, reapplying the tags is feasible.
I'll get to it next week if necessary, but if someone else wants
to lend a hand, I'd appreciate being able to work on other things.

E.g., I'll be installing a so-called update hook to prohibit
pushing merge commits, a push-triggered email-diffs hook, and
eventually one more to enforce access control policy.