Re: [patch] Change inline asm to work with llvm-gcc

Rafael Espindola <espindola@google.com> wrote:
>> And the g in glibc stands for GNU as well.  If you want to use glibc,
>> use gcc.  Everything is of no interest.
>
> It is a real pity that the GNU project is so isolationist. At least
> glibc still supports linux! Hope it doesn't switch to HURD only.

Please do not conflate glibc with all of GNU.
The vast majority of GNU projects make a point of
encouraging such portability-enhancing contributions.

I hope the curmudgeonly attitude so often seen on this particular
list doesn't turn away too many potential contributors.