Re: Patches to improve Hurd parts: include/sys/socket.h

> I'll be sure to have a look at this, thanks!  Would the maintainers be
> fine with adding this file
> <http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob_plain;f=lib/verify.h>
> to a generic place in the glibc sources or shall I #define the macro
> internally where I use it?  As stated above, this already used in generic
> code, so this could be unified then.

I personally wouldn't object to having that in include/verify.h (not
to be installed).  I think the macro's name is a bit poor, though.
And we really don't need a hairy one with a page of justification
about its hair.  In libc, we can keep ourselves to only ever using
it in the simple top-level case where the trivial one-line
definition that time/mktime.c uses is completely adequate.

But since it is just that one simple line that's really needed, then
perhaps Ulrich doesn't think it warrants consolidating all two cases
into a common macro.

Thanks,
Roland