Re: [RFC] New GLIBC website preview online.

Roland McGrath wrote:
You make most of the page into empty margins.

Yes. This is a 3 column design. It is aesthetically more pleasing than a single column running from the left to right margin. It is targeted at users who have a browser that is maximized. The minimum viewing size is 1024x768.

I don't see the point of the
rightmost column.  You now have different forms to subscribe to a mailing
list.

The rightmost column keeps the middle column centered on the page.

We always had two forms for subscribing, you just didn't notice. I'm glad the new design caught your attention, that was its intended effect.

The meaningful content of the page was not much changed, and there
was not much wrong with it before. I don't really have any strong opinions
about the look issues, but I just don't see the point of what you've done.
I hope you didn't spend a lot of effort on it.

Progress. 15 minutes at a time.

How do you want to go about achieving consensus for a main page update?

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell