Re: little help with memory leak/management by the glibc 2.3.2?

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Steve Munroe <sjmunroe@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>  Have you read any of the documentation? If you do you can answer your own
>  question...

Um, yes and then no.  I _have_ read the documentation, but I cannot
seem to get ``mallopt(M_MMAP_MAX,0)'' to do what I would hope, and if I were
fighting against a known bug of some sort, then Google isn't getting me to a
description of that bug.

>  I am trying to teach you how to go fishing, not just hit you in the face
>  with a dead fish ;-)

My multiply-cast fish net is empty.  At this point, I just want this
one particular fish.  :)

>  I would have to read and internalize the same documentation to answer your
>  question and I don't know as much about your situation as you do. So it is
>  best to cut out the middle man.
>
>  Then if you have more questions try IRC irc.freenode.net #glibc

Thanks.  I've not fiddled with IRC much.