Re: [RFC] Per-thread getrusage

Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:43:02 -0700
> ebiederm@xmission.com (Eric W. Biederman) wrote:

>>> Well, the find_task_by_pid() is really wrong here.
>> And find_task_by_pid should probably just be removed.
>
> That's what I was thinking.

find_task_by_pid and find_pid are to be removed, but this task
heavily depends on others.

E.g. to drop the find_pid() we need to kill the kill_proc()
function, which in turn depends on turning the usbatm, nfs and
lockd code into kthread API. We're currently working on this.

>> No need to provide function with the gun firmly pointed at our feet....
>
> It still has a disturbingly large number of callers.

Yes, but unfortunately simple conversion from find_xxx_pid into
find_xxx_vpid is not possible - each case is special.

Thanks,
Pavel