Re: sys_fallocate support in glibc

Petr Baudis wrote:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 05:50:30PM -0700, Avantika Mathur wrote:
The sys_fallocate() system call was added to the Linux kernel earlier this year. I am planning on adding support for the system call to glibc. Is this work is already in progress? If it is in progress, I would be happy to help, otherwise I will start working on support for sys_fallocate.

There are also plans to change the functionality of posix_fallocate to first call sys_fallocate() to perform preallocation, and fall back to the library implementation if the syscall is not supported in the filesystem. I will be working on these changes as well.

This should be already supported in the latest CVS tree.
That's great! Thank you for your reply

- Avantika