Re: TAB*, NL*, BS* etc in <sys/ioctls.h> in GNU/Hurd and GNU/BSD

> There is a problem with TAB*, NL*, BS*, etc.: POSIX says that
> these should get defined when #including <termios.h>, but that's
> not currently the case.  What would be the preferred way?  Making
> glibc/termios/termios.h #include <sys/ioctls.h>, or moving these
> particular definitions into sysdeps/mach/hurd/bits/termios.h?  Do we
> really need to keep those definitions in <sys/ioctls.h>?

They are there for compatibility with pre-POSIX applications using old
BSD-style ioctls.  Note for ECHO et al, we define them in both places.
The bits you mention (and all oflag bits except OPOST) are recent
additions to the standard (it sucked in a ton of stuff that was
previously Unix-specific and not specified in POSIX originally).