Re: Which will happen if I use different LC_COLLATE version?

On 8/25/07, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 25 August 2007, Bin Chen wrote:
> > I have a arm board using glibc-2.3.2, now I am going to let it support
> > zh_CN.utf-8 locale, so I need to have the LC_* files... Because
> > localedef program consumes too much memory so I can't run it in my
> > board.
> >
> > Then I copy all the LC_* files from my PC to arm board. In PC the
> > glibc version is 2.4, so the different version cause different magic
> > number in the beginning of the file.
>
> failure: the locale files are binary files which need to be generated on your
> arm machine
> -mike

My arm machine has 64mb ram but the localedef still can't run
successfully, do you have any suggestions for me to follow?

And also I doubt the LC_* files contains the machine code? My i386
machine has same endien as arm, i can't think out any difference...

Thanks.
Bin