Re: backtrace() missing some frames on 32bit x86_64-linux?

Hi Roland,

You are using an ancient version and it's likely there have been relevant
bug fixes. Also note that signal handler unwinding for i386 processes
(native or on x86-64) can depend on correct info in the vDSO provided by
the kernel. So it's also possible that old kernel bugs are part of your
problem. See if you have problems on recent software.

So, if I do not mis-interpret your opinion, it is a bug (fixed or not in more recent versions) in glibc or the kernel, right?

Now, if I may ask a favour, could someone with x86_64, linux and a recent glibc (I feel confident that some of the people with strong interest in glibc have that configuration) just compile and run my short testcase? (http://www.cygwin.com/ml/libc-alpha/2007-08/ msg00031.html ; copy-paster the source file and the two compile lines) That would certainly be by far quicker than my building a new kernel and new glibc. If this is still present in later glibc/kernel versions, we can then make a proper bug report, otherwise I'll investigate to know at which point it got fixed.

Thanks for your help,
FX