Re: glibc-2.6 shipped with old POT file; deprecated use of "\v"

> The glibc-2.6 and glibc-2.6.1 tarballs do not include an updated
> libc.pot file, but instead contain the one for libc-2.5.  When
> releasing a new version, please run 'make libc.pot' in po/.  For
> the translators I've run this myself in yesterday's cvs checkout
> and announced the result as libc-2.6.1.pot.

Oops!  We'd intended to have this on our checklist but again failed to do
it this time.

> Four messages in this pot file contain a "\v", whose usage is
> discouraged.  Please consider dividing each of these messages into
> two separate ones.

The use of \v is not incidental, nor are those \v characters part of the
text that can be changed by translators.  The use of \v as a separator is
part of the ABI of the argp functions (see argp.h:struct argp.doc).  The
uses you cite are in argp doc strings where \v must be preserved as the
separator between the two parts of the string.

Thanks,
Roland