Re: AT_ENTROPY1 and AT_ENTROPY2 values for include/linux/auxvec.h

> Hence the config option for the kernel- it's philosophy at Gentoo to
> make choices available to users how they want their systems to behave,
> even on the expense of added complexity and need to "understand" how
> things work in the first place.

While I am not opposed to choice, I am opposed to having too finegrained
kernel config options. In your view, every single kernel patch would be
a config option... I much rather have config options for "important" big
changes, not for something this small. Another argument is that this
kind of userspace interface is better off being always there or never;
making this variable serves no-one.

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org