Non-blocking RPC?

Hi all,

Due a tool that I am working on, I need a non-blocking RPC library.

Are there any extensions to the Sun RPC code in glibc that allow
non-blocking calls?

Since I've looked at the way Sun's non-blocking extensions work, I think
its possible to use the same ideas to create a non-blocking
RPC extension for the glibc version. Any arguments against it? if such code doesn't already exist(.. even outside the glibc tree..)?

Thanks
Shehjar