Re: dhcpclient netlink bugs (was Re: [NETLINK]: Schedule removal of old macros exported to userspace)

Stefan Rompf <stefan@loplof.de> wrote:

> Yes, the code has quite some trust into the kernel that if it answers the
> asked question the answer is semantically correct. But to be fair, if you
> issue a write(), you also expect the number of bytes written in return and
> not the msec taken ;-) Will fix that and the other stuff you pointed out,
> thanks!

I hope you checked that the message is really from the kernel (based on
saddr).  Unconnected sockets can receive messages from any user on the
host.

Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>