Re: Using /dev/full in execv

> Dag Nygren wrote:
> > My problem here is that glibc shouldn't segfault here but preferably
> > tell me what is going on....
>
> You haven't spent a second looking at the code in question, have you?
> Any error message can be fatal, that's the whole purpose of opening that
> device.  There even is a comment in the code explaining that.

As the next statement in my mail said I haven't looked, no. I did know
that the problem was in my installation as 2.4 works in many installations
 but had a hell of a time finding out what was wrong. Specially since this SEGV
did not generate a core whatever I did.

Sorry if I sounded irritated but it really took me a long time to find a way
to debug this.

Best regards
Dag