This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: limit glibc symbol by version script
- From: Nix <nix at esperi dot org dot uk>
- To: Steven Munroe <munroesj at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, Hiroki Kaminaga <kaminaga at sm dot sony dot co dot jp>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:19:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: limit glibc symbol by version script
- References: <44B2DBCC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Steven Munroe murmured woefully:
> Hiroki Kaminaga writes
>>>I would like to limit exported symbol from glibc in my system.
>>>Background is, I would like to eliminate unused API in my system from glibc,
>>>and for first step, I would like to disable them.
>>>First thought is to limit exported symbol by using version script.
>>>How can I do it?
>>>Is there better approach?
> try configuring with:
> --enable-oldest-abi=ABI configure the oldest ABI supported [e.g.
> 2.2][default=glibc default]
This isn't often tested, as far as I can tell: my attempt to build
with an oldest-abi of 2.4 failed on i386 (I didn't investigate
further: foolish of me).
`She *is*, however, one of the few sf authors with a last name ending in O,
which adds some extra appeal to those of us who obsess about things like
having a book review of an author for each letter in the alphabet.' -- rra