Re: Improving the IBM437/860/861/862/863/865, MIK encodings

Alexander Shopov wrote:
> These correspond to Microsoft's versions of the codepages.
> However - earlier versions by IBM contain different definitions of these code points:
> [...]

The keyword in this sentence is "earlier".  This is apparently not what
the current code pages do since the mappings are generated from the
official tables.

Beside, this is a transliteration problem.  We already have a framework
for this.  If the current transliteration tables don't support it
consider adding these, probably to the locale you want to behave like this.

There is no need to change the mapping.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â