This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Freedce-devel] pthread_clear_exit_np()
- From: thomas dot schuetzkowski at web dot de
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, lukeh at padl dot com
- Cc: freedce-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net, opendce at opengroup dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:26:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Freedce-devel] pthread_clear_exit_np()
> To make this work with libc we need to "un-cancel" a thread.
> Of course, using this in a third-party application is problematic as it
> depends on internal glibc structures.
> I know the chances of such an API being added to glibc are about nil, but
> I thought I'd mention this anyway! :-)
We thought about adding a detection of the glibc version to autoconf stuff and choose the right version of the function. (see Loic's patch)
Then of course someone has to maintain this for every new version of glibc. :-(
This idea was skipped, because no one had the time to do this.
SMS schreiben mit WEB.DE FreeMail - einfach, schnell und
kostenguenstig. Jetzt gleich testen! http://f.web.de/?mc=021192