This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Regarding VMS bugs.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Dwayne Grant McConnell <decimal at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:02:15 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Regarding VMS bugs.
I'll give a more general answer. The only time we care at all about any
glibc code being used outside the glibc build itself is for gnulib. Paul
Eggert is the liaison between gnulib maintainers and glibc. The gnulib
maintainers decide what portability issues matter to them. We sometimes
object when changes would introduce new cruft into our sources. But for
any changes to existing portability cruft that don't further encruft glibc
sources, the gnulib maintainers are the arbiters of what's worth doing.