This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: for GNU/Linux 2.0.0?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu (Jack Howarth)
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:14:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: for GNU/Linux 2.0.0?
> Can one deduce anything about the age of devtools used for building
> a shared library from the following?
No. That is telling you about the ABI note supplied by glibc's crt1.o.
The absence of the note in a DSO doesn't tell you anything, because crt1.o
is not ordinarily linked into DSOs. When you do have the note, it was
supplied by the glibc that your DSO was compiled against. The note tells
you something about how that glibc was built, but nothing about what
version it was.