what LD_ASSUME_KERNEL does glibc 2.4 tolerate?

     In testing the InsightII 2005 molecular modelling
package from Accelrys under Fedora Core 5, I noticed that
their setting of the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environmental to
2.4.9 was breaking all binaries with errors of the form...

ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

However, if I don't set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environmental, I get an error
of...

/usr/accelrys/I2005/Linux_2_Intel_32/biosym_exe/insightII: relocation error: /usr/accelrys/I2005/Linux_2_Intel_32/biosymso/libcblib.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

preventing their software from running as well. Glibc 2.3.6 of FC4
still tolerates their usage of LD_ASSUME_KERNEL.
    What values of LD_ASSUME_KERNEL are still usable with glibc 2.4
or has the ability to work around the relocation issues with this
setting been depreciated out of glibc with the 2.4 release? Thanks
in advance for any information.
             Jack